I guess Mr. Petty said it best - "The waiting is the hardest part." It's October 5th and there is still no Gnar baby. My due date has long past come and gone and there are no signs of this baby coming on it's own. As my stomach gets lower and more stretched out by the day, my irritability goes up infinitely.
On Wednesday morning I woke up at 3am with contractions 4 min. apart that lasted for 1 min...just what they tell you they should be when you're going into labor. So, we waited it out at home, walked around the neighborhood and then around 9am we headed into my doctor's office to get checked out before heading to the hospital. When we got to the office, my doctor hooked me up to some monitors and then checked me...I was 1cm dilated, the same that I have been for the past 3 weeks. She told me that it could be the start of labor, but that it could be 8 hours, 12 hours or another week before anything happened. Walking out of that office felt like the ultimate walk of shame.
So, since nothing is happening naturally, we have set October 10th as the date I'll be induced. Yes, there's a chance that this baby could come on it's own before then - and "statistically speaking, it should," but I'm not holding my breath. In fact, I will be pleasantly surprised if it does because now I've got it in my head that on 10/11/12 we will have a baby, but not before that.
It's been great having wise friends to keep this all in perspective and I know that in a few months I won't even remember this waiting period, but since I'm already on maternity leave and don't have a ton going on, it's on my mind all the time. Luckily for the dogs, it means lots of long walks in the park during the day!
Hopefully the next time I post, it will have a picture of the smushy-faced Gnar baby...which hopefully is still the size of a normal baby and not a Jessica Simpson sized toddler by then:)