Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Career Update

Originally, I had planned on going back to work in the beginning of January. When Darby came 11 days late, I already felt pressed for time and so by the time December rolled around, I would cry any time I thought about dropping her off at daycare. Near the middle of December, I went in to talk to my boss (the CEO of the company), about coming back to work only 3 days a week and then going back to full time in March. I thought this would be the best of both worlds for Darby and me and not unreasonable as it is the slow time in my position. Unfortunately, he was not willing to work with a short term, part time schedule so I resigned. At first I was really upset, after all, I'd been at this company for 8 1/2 years, I loved what I did (most of the time) and the people I worked with were great friends. But I was mostly hurt that I wasn't valued more as an employee.

I felt very strongly that I didn't want to start Darby in daycare 5 days/week when she was 2 months old, so here we are - Darby 3 months old and me unemployed. My current plan is to find another job that will allow me to work 3 days a week, starting in March, and I would love it to be in the non-profit space. Although I enjoyed my job, I always felt guilty about not "contributing more to society," so I am very excited to start a new chapter of my career working towards something that I am passionate about...I just have to find it (and hope that they would like me to work only on Tuesday's, Wednesday's and Thursday's:).

Until I find my next calling, I am going to cherish the time I have with my little Gnarbs! We have a great time exploring the new neighborhood, going to mommy and me activities, traveling a lot and hanging out with the Zoe dog.

Here are a few recents from my phone...she may be the most photographed baby ever (actually, I'm sure any of you with kids are in the same boat:).

Mama and Gnarbs in New Hampshire

Looking like one of the 7 dwarves...Sleepy? Dopey? Drunk?

"Oh hey there. Like my new hat?"


Baby's day out in NYC...cab ride.
Not impressed with the fighting grizzlies at the Museum of Natural History

Not impressed with the Chilkat Weavings...

...or Central Park.

"Just holding my head up like a champ...no biggie."

"Thanks for the awesome onesie Auntie Courtney!"

"Oh, this old thing?"

My mom, sister and aunt are desperately trying to insure that Darby doesn't turn into a tomboy so they made her this tutu and hair bow. Much to my dismay, Darby seemed to love it. She beamed and giggled every time they put it on her.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the one of her sleeping! And the bicycle PJs. I wonder if they come in adult size....It is amazing how much she is changing.

    ReplyDelete