Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Where am I?

It has been a whirlwind of travel for Doug and me in the last couple of weeks. So, instead of boring you with story after story, I'll keep it simple and post lots of pics (i.e., I'm lazy).

Doug had to go to London for business and I decided that I didn't want to be left behind, so I tagged along and we had an awesome long weekend of touring and shopping our way around the city. It seems so far away, crossing that big pond and all, but it's actually just as far to get to California. London is such an ideal city because of it's manageable size, friendly people (read - nice accents) and beautiful architecture. I didn't take too many pics because we were on the go, but here are a few:


Major highlight was meeting up with Laura (friend from college and her fiance Rich)


Staying true to it's reputation, we had rain most of the time


Shopping mecca all lit up


The original Mini...this thing was 1/2 the size of the new mini's


Really cool store full of old sewing machines


Since they have 6 weeks of vacation/yr. there are a lot of travel bookstores


Two days after getting back from London, Doug and I jetted off to Montana for some skiing with friends. We flew into Bozeman and then drove 1.5 hours to Big Sky and set up shop in a ski condo for 4 days. I think I've found a new favorite resort (besides all of my lovely Utah slopes) in Big Sky. The mountain is huge, the terrain is steep and there are no lift lines (because the mountain is so big and spread out). The one drawback on the trip was the burly, cold weather. I tried growing a beard to save my face, but it didn't happen fast enough.

The first morning there, I got up to go for a run (damn marathon training). It was -17 degrees. Smart move.


But, it was beautiful out


The slopes were awesome, despite no new snow




Top of the tram




One night we booked dinner at a yurt. We got to ride snowcats 20 min. up the mountain and had a quaint little dinner listening to live music and sledding in between courses. The ride up the hill (on top of the cat) was freeeeezing.


Inside was nice and cozy, albeit a little fuzzy


The next morning was the coldest I've ever been. We waited until 9am and then hit the slopes.


After 4 days at Big Sky, we headed down the mountain to Bozeman and skied Bridger Bowl for a day. It's a quaint, local yocal mountain with some great terrain. On the way down, we ran into these scrappers.


Doug in action at Bridger


I'm usually happy to be home after a trip, but if I could have figured out a way to get my dogs to me, I would have stayed in Montana.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally jealous of all the traveling you do! What a great job you have where you can take all those days, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's even 50 degrees out I deem the weather too cold for running. Props to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete