Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Father's Day

I was lucky this year because I got to spent Father's Day with my dad! I can't remember the last time I've gotten to see my dad on his holiday, it's usually a gift shipped in the mail and a phone call to say hi. But this year, we ramped it up and had a great time!

This trip was good timing because Doug and I had ordered paddle boards a few weeks earlier and we got the call that we could pick them up this weekend. So, we packed up the car with the dogs and the dad and headed out to Jersey for some stand up paddle boarding action. My dad didn't know if he was interested, but after he got on and realized he was pretty good at paddling around around, he had a great time.

Little Dad on a big board


Doug was mastering surfing the waves from the boats


And I was just working on my tan


Family photo at the dog beach


On Sunday, we ventured into the city to check out the new section of the High Line - a pedestrian walkway built on the old elevated train tracks. The city just finished 10 more blocks of the walkway, so we had to check it out.

Cute purse dad:)


Lady Liberty way off in the distance


Amazing seating area


Quintessential NY in the summer


Oh what fun we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment