Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Part 1

For the last couple of years we've found it a lot less hectic traveling before Christmas than during it, so we have been opting to see my family on the early side and see Doug's family for the actual day. We headed out to Utah December 15-20th for lots of family time and a little skiing time.

Since the snow was really non-existent, Doug and I met a friend up at Snowbasin for a change of scenery from the Cottonwood Canyons. There were only 2 lifts open and just a few runs off of each lift, so the skiing was pretty meager, but we had a great time hiking and finding bits of snow to ski on.



On Saturday night my dad took all of us to Cirque de la Symphonie at Abravanel Hall. It was the Utah Symphony playing traditional Christmas music with Cirque du Soliel performers swinging from the rafters in front of the orchestra. It was one of the coolest events I've been to and thought it was such a great deviation from the normal lots of gifts.

On Sunday we went up north to visit my grandparents and then headed out to celebrate Christmas with my mom, Jerry, Kyle, Whitney and Greg.

My mom was really excited to have us there


Whitney was obviously super excited too


Not sure about these two


On Monday morning Doug, mom and I headed up to Deer Valley for one more crack at snow. Since Deer Valley is super high end, we figured they would have the best man made snow and we were right. Quite a bit of the mountain was open (only groomers), so we were able to occupy ourselves for a few hours.

On Monday night, Whit and Greg came up and met us in Park City for a fancy dinner and then we all stayed in a really great hotel right on main street. This place had two huge bedrooms, a hot tub on the deck, a full kitchen and a roof top bar with a hot tub. The next morning Whit and Greg went to work and Doug and I went to the spa for a while before having to head to the airport to go home. It's always so sad leaving my family and the mountains, but I was happy to be heading home to our 2 furry children!

Check out this ad I saw in one of the magazines on the airplane...too bad it was too late to order it for xmas. (click on it for all the details!)



Christmas Part 2 coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment