Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rant

I'm getting pretty tired of these d-bag politicians using their power and status to take advantage of and prey on women. Yesterday a small group of my colleagues and I were talking about the latest developments in the Schwarzenegger infidelity case and the former IMF Chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn sexual abuse of a hotel worker in his NYC hotel. Regarding the Arnold case, one of the guys said "well, you have to think that Maria is mostly to blame - she probably wasn't 'putting out' enough." That was enough for me to blow my gasket, but I don't think it's all that uncommon of a thought process for a lot of people. Why is it that the public gives so much leeway to people in power? Men in power in particular?

It doesn't matter to me whether Maria only "put out" 4 times, once for each of their 4 children, or if she did every night. I have no tolerance for the breaking of marital/relationship commitments. If you're not happy in your relationship, get out of it, don't drag everyone else through the mud with you. What starts as a bulge in your pants, quickly becomes a disaster for your family. If Maria knew this was going on and she stayed with Arnold to save face, them shame on her for not taking a stand, but that shouldn't take any slack off of Arnold.

As for the saga with the IMF Chief...I'll let Maureen Dowd do what she does best. (I love that she has taken to calling Arnold, "The Sperminator"!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/18/opinion/18dowd.html?ref=maureendowd

Thank you, I'm stepping off my box now.

No comments:

Post a Comment